The information on this page was collected for the 2010 Winnipeg Civic Election.
Once a person officially registers for the 2014 Winnipeg Election their information will be updated.
Candidate in the 2010 Transcona Council Ward race.
There are 0 recent news articles that mention Vlad Kowalyk.
Learn how we decide what candidate information to list.
1. Why did you decide to run in the 2010 Winnipeg election?
There was a sense of frustration within the community due to the residents’ concerns not being acknowledged or addressed. I decided to run because allowing the incumbent to win by acclamation would only increase the frustration level but more importantly residents must always have a choice of representation.
2. What experience will you bring to complement your role as councillor?
As a professional engineer I will bring the following to compliment my role as councillor:
- A strong code of ethics stressing honesty, integrity and public interest/safety
- a strong problem solving background
- the ability to set and work within budgets
3. What are the major issues you would like to stand for and why did you choose these issues?
- Responsibility and communication
Residents in existing neighbourhoods concerns are not being acknowledged or addressed and changes are being made without public consultation.
Police resources allocated to Transcona need to stay in the area on patrol and to enforce traffic laws.
A safer truck route network is needed
Green spaces and civic recreational facilities are not being maintained/upgraded
Roadways/sidewalks in existing neighbourhoods are crumbling and tree maintenance is almost non-existent
4. Is there anything in particular you would like to change in our city? In your ward?
Day Street, a non regional residential collector roadway running through the heart of Transcona and lined with schools, churches and residences needs to be re-designated so that heavy equipment and semi trailer trucks are restricted from operating along it
Learn about our questionnaire process.