The information on this page was collected for the 2010 Winnipeg Civic Election.
Once a person officially registers for the 2014 Winnipeg Election their information will be updated.
Ric Dela Cruz
Candidate in the 2010 Seven Oaks - 2 School Ward race.
There are 0 recent news articles that mention Ric Dela Cruz.
Learn how we decide what candidate information to list.
Why did you decide to run in the 2010 school board election?
Since I left the School Board in year 2002, Ward 2 students population grew and the needs in enhancement of their eduction must be address so as to prepare them and able to face the challenges of tomorrow.Again, I would like to contribute in a little things for the betterment of our childrens education and the society.
What experience will you bring to complement your role as school trustee?
- Chairperson and School Trustee Ward 2 of Seven Oaks School Division # 10
- Seven Oaks General Hospital / Wellness Institute - Board of Trustees
- Crown Corporation Council / Oversight Provincial Government Board - Council Member
- International Centre of Winnipeg- Board of Director
- Com-Span Incorporated - Adult Day Program for Special Needs - Board of Director
- Folklorama - Philippine Pavilion-Coordinator.
- Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant
- Fellow of the Canadian Migration Institute
What are the major issues you would like to stand for and why did you choose these issues?
- Invest more on technology - Computer Laboratory and Smart Board
- Capital Project - Some schools are overcapacity
- Advocate for equitable school funding from the provincial government
Is there anything in particular you would like to change in your school division? In your ward?
Another 1000 houses will be built in the Northwest part of the school division and similar number of houses to be built in Riverbend and Rivergrove area. I would like to contribute in building these areas in efficient and serving the needs of our future students.
Do you have any other comments regarding your candidacy?
Every citizen is part of our society and bonding together, great things will happen
Learn about our questionnaire process.