The information on this page was collected for the 2010 Winnipeg Civic Election.
Once a person officially registers for the 2014 Winnipeg Election their information will be updated.
Candidate in the 2010 Winnipeg - 1 (2010) School Ward race.
There are 0 recent news articles that mention Rita Hildahl.
Learn how we decide what candidate information to list.
Why did you decide to run in the 2010 school board election?
My reason for running in this election is because I want to make a meaningful contribution to our young people and society. I hope to continue serving our community by working with parents, educators, administrators and trustees to develop policies and programs that will increase student success.
What experience will you bring to complement your role as school trustee?
Although I'm an educator by profession, I have been a businesswoman as well as a volunteer in our community. Furthermore, I have four adult children. These experiences have impressed upon me the need for a strong and constantly evolving education system.
What are the major issues you would like to stand for and why did you choose these issues?
The board needs to be innovative and support new approaches to programs and services. Thanks to excellent administrators, teachers and support staff, the Winnipeg School Division has the ability to advance and continually transform itself.
I strongly endorsed the Winnipeg School Division Board of Trustees Educational Priorities 2010 to 2013:
- To strengthen instructional and assessment strategies for all students using all available resources including the integration of technology.
- To improve academic and behaviour support services for students with special needs (in accordance with the Standards for Student Services).
- To strengthen and enhance Education for Sustainable Development initiatives that address environmental, social and economic issues worldwide.
- To further improve school attendance and graduation rates through the exploration of additional programs and strategies.
- In addition to these four priorities I will work toward adding a fifth priority: that the Winnipeg School Division and the Province of Manitoba work together to develop full day optional nursery and kindergarten programs.
The above priorities will provide deep-rooted benefits for our young people, our society and our world.
Is there anything in particular you would like to change in your school division? In your ward?
We need more student success. We need stronger public engagement in our education system.
Do you have any other comments regarding your candidacy?
It has been an honour to serve as a school trustee and it would be a privilege to serve one more term.
Learn about our questionnaire process.